The 5-Star Review Blueprint
Recently, at the 2019 Lenders One Winter Conference in Austin, the SocialSurvey team ran a brainstorming workshop to help executives ideate the moments-that-matter that add up to 5-Star Reviews. We helped them understand that their brands are no longer in their hands, but are in the hands of their customers.
Enter: The Age of the Customer
Today’s customers have the power to make or break brands in a matter of nanoseconds. The internet, mobile phones and social media have given customers a platform to amplify complaints and force brands to deliver better, faster experiences.
In mortgage, many lenders are competing against the High Tech, Low Cost, Consumer Direct forces of giants like Rocket Mortgage and Zillow. Margin compression has made it more challenging to retain top talent who deliver the high touch experiences home buyers deserve.
Getting the attention of customers is getting increasingly more difficult. What was once the Rule of 7 in social media—where it takes an average of 7 touches for a customer to engage with your brand—is now more like the Rule of 14.
So, how are marketing teams keeping up? Especially when only 20% of lenders are running paid ads on social (less than 5% are running more than one ad—based on 500 multi-location brands researched*), where potential buyers live for a few hours every day.
…only 20% of lenders are running paid ads on social!
–SocialSurvey qualitative study of more than 500 multi-location brands.
What’s more, is how challenging it is for mortgage marketing teams to try and motivate loan officers to win their local markets by becoming Digital Mayors. Loan officers are struggling to branch out from “locking in great rates,” to becoming their own local media companies.
How does this get solved? How do we get lenders to deliver better, faster experiences? How do they win the attention and loyalty of their next customers?
The 5-Star Review Blueprint
The 5-Star Review Blueprint is a comprehensive guide that helps lenders easily ideate strategies and tactics (in as quick as an hours time) that put the buyer’s experience first—helping them to win raving reviews, repeat buyers and more customers.
Download your free copy of the 5-Star Blueprint and get your teams brainstorming solutions today!
Included in the Blueprint are tips like the 3-takeaways from running a Blueprint brainstorming session:
- Your Brand is no longer in your hands.
- Reviews are the keys to your next buyers’ homes.
- The 5-Star Blueprint will help get you to the front door.
Here are some shared outcomes from the 5-Star Blueprint session at the Lenders One Winter conference:
- Get LOs to “rip the Band-Aid off” and produce video stories to post to social media (ex: James Duncan at Thrive Mortgage ran a video-making session at a company annual meeting).
- Offer gifts or record memories at each stage in the buying process for borrowers to recount at purchase in a communication that inspires them to write an incredible 5-Star Review.
- Send before/after pictures a year later of where buyers came from to where they are now; or share with them the money they’ve saved over a year by locking in a great rate.
- Team up with your realtor, leaving a nice kitchen item gift with a note that says you’ll come back in X number of days to cook new buyers a meal in their new home.
The home buying journey is challenging in the mortgage industry. It’s the moments-that-matter that add up to 5-Star Reviews.